Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Pop!!!!


It is birthday time again in the Shaw family. My wonderful father-in-law, Billy Earl Shaw, is 77 years old today!!

It has been so fun to get to know this man over the past 30 years. There are many things about him that I have come to love.

He is a kind, honest man who always puts his family first. He loves his wife, children and grandchildren with all his heart. He is kind, honest and a man of integrity. He has been an example of what a Godly man is all about.


One of my favorite things about him is his smile. He doesn't just smile with his mouth but mostly with his eyes. He has the best twinkling eyes I have ever seen. I love to watch him smile and laugh.

He is special to me because he is a father that I never had while I was growing up. When I became the wife of his son, I became his daughter as well. I have never felt like an outsider or been treated any differently than his other children and for that I am truly thankful.

Happy Birthday Pop!!!! I love you!!

No comments: