Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!!!!!




I grew up always anticipating my birthday. I fact I would and still do start singing Happy Birthday to me on February 2nd, which is a full two months before my actual birthday! I have passed this excitement of birthdays on to my family, and today I am proud to say is my son’s, Ben, 24th birthday.


He gets excited and talks about his birthday in advance just as I do. Something else we have in common is that we are both the second and youngest children in our families and for a short number of days we are only one number year away from our older siblings. My sister, Cathie’s birthday is April 10 and mine is the 2nd. Our birthdays are only 8 days apart. Ben’s birthday is August 15 and Angela will be 26 on the 24th of August, so their birthdays are only 9 days apart. Get this, Steve and his sister are only 10 days apart. I think that is pretty neat!!



When I think of Ben I think of someone who loves his God, his family and is looking forward to what this next year has for him. He has come full circle in many ways and had has many life experiences. I am proud to have him for a son.


In honor of his 24th birthday, here are 24 things about Ben.

1. He is a child of the King
2. He loves life
3. He makes me smile
4. He is a good listener
5. He has gets frustrated in traffic
6. He has a passion for music
7. He plays bass guitar in a praise and worship band
8. He is a part time youth director
9. He loves football
10. He likes to hunt
11. He loves jerky
12. He played baseball for many years
13. He makes others happy
14. He is very compassionate
15. He played soccer
16. He played in the jazz band
17. He has had many jobs
18. He doesn’t like to do laundry
19. He has a contagious laugh
20. He can charm anyone, anytime!!
21. He is very competitive
22. He is the only male Shaw in his generation
23. He has wonderful twinkling eyes
24. He is a wonderful son!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Ben!!!!


No comments: