Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sunny Saturday

Today is Saturday and in Southside Tennessee the sun is shining and the sky is a very beautiful blue. It is a perfect reminder that spring is coming. Spring is my favorite time of year. It is a season full of promises and new beginnings. I wonder what new things are in store for me and my family this spring?

Just a few days ago, I thought that I might be preparing for spring without my faithful Pepper. The first part of the week, he seemed so lifeless and no energy. But, he is doing so much better; he is eating a little more, has a little more pep (no pun intended!) in his step and is even begging for people food! Steve and I are encouraged but we also know that he might not be here much longer. The kidney failure cannot be reversed but hopefully it will slow down so we can have more time with him. I am thankful for each day and I feel a little more prepared for the day we no longer have him.

Spring also brings the wonderful sound of the birds. I love to hear them chirp and sing their beautiful songs. These songs fill me with joy, hope and reassurance. Many mornings I am given a showcase of color and beauty as well as a symphony in song as I watch them at the feeders in my back yard.

I also love the flowers that bloom in the spring. My favorite flowers are buttercups. I have already seen a few blooming!! The colors and fragrances that flowers give us are some of my favorite things even though I am not a flower grower. That is Steve’s department. He loves to work outside in the yard or in our garden that he is already thinking about. I love the flowers, I just don’t care for the dirt that you have to grow them in, I just don’t like to get dirty. Something that I might add, I have passed on to Angela; she would come in as a little girl with dirty hands and say, “Wash it, wash it”, looking down at her hands. Sorry Angela1

Here’s to spring and the wonderful things that it brings!!!

No comments: