Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

The weekend was fun but different. Steve and I were able to leave early on Friday to go down to his parents in Mississippi, which has been a tradition for Easter weekend for a very long time. All their children and grandchildren have made this trip for many years. This year, however, was very different for all of us. This was our first year without having Angela, Zach and Ben there with us. I have been through many firsts as the years have gone by but this first was hard. Angela and Zach couldn’t come because of the time and distance it would take for them to get there and Ben had to work. So it was just Steve and I taking the trip from Clarksville to Eupora this year.


It is amazing how God will work out the details of a situation if you let Him.As the days before Easter approached I began to think about
the Easter Bunny and wondered how he would get the goodies for Easter to the children. He reminded me of the US Mail and on Thursday of last week he fixed boxes to send to each one, green grass and all!! Then I thought how can family pictures be made and pictures of the grandchildren taken? I realized that pictures can be made anywhere and we had them take a picture and email it to us. As all the seemingly small details worked themselves out one by one, I was reminded that even though not being together for Easter was not really a big deal in the scheme of things, the hurt in my heart was just as real to Him as it was to me. I also realized that no matter how seemingly big or small the reason for heartache that my
Heavenly Father knows and is ready to help me through.


I have wonderful group of friends that meet together each month for a time of fellowship and sharing. As I shared my heart with them on Thursday about the upcoming weekend, I asked for them to pray for me during this time. I truly felt the prayers of my friends! Yes, it was hard for me but I think even harder for Steve’s mom because not only were Angela, Zach and Ben not there but also her daughter and her family could not come because of illness. God in His faithfulness helped us through this time.


Easter morning was a lot calmer than usual, we made it to sunrise service, breakfast at the church, going back home for a short time and then back to church to hear the Easter cantata. We came home and took pictures,(it didn’t take nearly as long), then we ate a wonderful dinner, took a nap, watched basketball and then Steve and I loaded up and made our way home. I was able to talk with them via cell phone and text messaging. Hearing their voices helped a lot!!!!


How could I stay sad knowing that the day was meant to celebrate our Risen Savior!!! Knowing that the grave couldn’t hold my King and that He is Alive forever more!!! What joy fills my soul! Thank You Jesus!!!!


The Shaw family

(minus Angela, Zach, Ben, Deborah,
Randy and Christopher)




1 comment:

Angela said...

That's a good picture! I want to see the one's where you're wind blown!

We missed you!