Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Sister Dear!!!



I just love birthdays and what they represent. A lot of my birthday memories include my sister, Cathie. Cathie is two years older than me and because our birthdays are so close together we have shared many birthday celebrations together. My birthday was last week and I turned the big 50. Cathie is two years older, (so that means she is 52 today!!) I remember trying to catch her in age when we were growing up because for 8 days I was only 1 year younger and not 2. That was during the time when I wanted to be older. As the years have gone by, I have been glad that she got older first. HA HA!!


I am sad not to be with her today as we had planned but we should be able to get together next week and have some birthday fun at a spa and the mall. I can’t wait. I love to be with her. I love to watch people watch us and wonder if we are twins; some people tell us that we are having way too much fun as we walk along laughing and talking. I love our times at Starbucks as we try to catch up on the things happening in our lives. I love the sparkle in her eyes and the sound of her laugh. She is special to me in the way only a sister can be.


So here’s to you, Cathie, my sister and friend!! I hope your birthday is as special as you!!!

No comments: