Monday, February 18, 2008

President’s Day


Today is President’s Day and a holiday from school. I am just like the children enjoying time off from school. Right now I would be down to my last two groups of the day, watching the clock and thinking about what I had to after school.

I have had a relaxing day but have gotten things accomplished as well. I have done laundry, bible study, watched a little TV and done a little writing and reading as well. I know what I am fixing for dinner and for me that is half the battle. I find that if I have something planned then it is a whole lot easier to implement.

I am finding that written planning and goal writing is something that I need discipline to do. I think about doing things and sometimes I get them done and other times I don’t. I think that I don’t write things down on purpose because when I do then I will have to be accountable to do them. If I don’t write them down then it’s okay that I didn't do them because I didn’t have them planned in the first place. AFLAC !!

Today has been a fun day because I have done the things I had planned to do. I had a to do list and was able to complete the things I had written down. I even added things to the list that I had done, just so I could mark a line through them too. It makes you feel good to put that line or check mark by something that you have done. You feel productive.

Try writing things down, not only will you have a sense of accomplishment, you will have fun marking through each task and have direction for the rest of the day. If by chance you get nothing on your list accomplished, don't beat yourself up about it, sometimes your day is beyond your control, just smile and try again tomorrow!





1 comment:

Angela said...

I hate to tell you this but I don't think everyone is going to get your "AFLAC" statement. You're crazy!